WHAT IS THE WILL TO WAY CHALLENGE?
Adversity comes in many forms, helping us grow and building our character. Take on the Will to Way Challenge with your team to test your willpower for 30 days. You’ll be able to see what you can truly accomplish and how you can implement this into your everyday life.
Coaching involves more than just the Xs and Os. It’s about developing the whole player. Implementing the Will to Way Challenge into your program teaches valuable life lessons such as:
- Coping with adversity
- Honoring your commitments
- Understanding that with strong willpower you can accomplish anything
“I came to the conclusion that there are things in life that we have control over and others that we don’t, but we ALWAYS have control over how we choose to react to it.”
-Julie Tremblay, Friend of Side-Out
WHAT DO WE DO
STEP 1: PICK YOUR 30 DAY CHALLENGE
Choose a challenging habit that you want to make OR break. Tell your team and family about it to help keep you accountable.
STEP 2: KEEP A JOURNAL
Write a few sentences every day that describe your successes and failures.
STEP 3: MAKE IT A HABIT
Take your 30 day challenge one step further by implementing it into your everyday life.
YOUR CHALLENGE: 6 TIPS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR WILLPOWER
- Manage Your Stress
- Stop to take a few deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed or tempted. It can be a great start in managing your stress levels and improving your willpower.
- Every time you tell yourself “I can’t,” you’re creating a feedback loop that is a reminder of your limitations. This terminology indicates that you’re forcing yourself to do something you don’t want to do. Instead use encouraging words to keep yourself motivated.
- People who sleep between 6.5 hours and 7.5 hours a night live the longest, are happier and most productive.
- Sitting quietly for 5 minutes per day with concentration on your breathing can not only reduce stress, but it can also strengthen your self-control.
- Not only will exercise and good nutrition improve your willpower, but they’ll make you feel better as well. Exercise in particular is known for making us happy by releasing endorphins.
- Take your challenge one step at a time. You may be making a big lifestyle change and that may need your full attention right now. It’s okay to say “no” to other things, if it helps you stay focused.
WILL TO WAY CHALLENGE EXAMPLES
- Stop drinking soda
- Include a portion of fruit and veggies in every meal
- Meditate 5-10 minutes per day
- Do not look at mobile device during the school da
- Run 2 miles every day
- 1000 wall sets before practice each day
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Your impact extends further than you realize and your story can be told to thousands, if not millions, with the help of social media. We would love to hear about your Will to Way experience and share it with our communities as well. Tag us on social media and utilize our hashtag #SideOutWilltoWay.