Online fundraising is a very important part of your campaign. When creating a team plan, make sure to put some effort into your online presence.
- Create your campaign page. Click CREATE A CAMPAIGN button on the landing page or campaign page of the Side-Out event you would like to support. Follow the instructions!
- Personalize your campaign page. Donors appreciate team photos, stories and any other personal touches.
- Have each team member craft an e-mail and/or text to send to friends/family/neighborhood businesses explaining what you are doing and provide detailed information about how they can donate.
- Utilize Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, personal blogs, and any other means of online information sharing to reach out to possible donors. Always provide a link to your team’s Side-Out campaign page so they can donate easily.
- Send reminder e-mails/status updates before and after your fundraiser to keep your donors posted on your progress and to motivate those who have not yet given.